Why no miles on this flight?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ranman1973, Nov 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ranman1973

ranman1973 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi. A couple months back I booked a flight from YYJ (Victoria, Canada) to SFO on United Express. After a few weeks, I didn't get any mileage points for this. When I went to request a credit through United's online system, I got a message that said I was ineligible for points on this flight. Not sure why.

Other pertinent details: I think this was booked through Orbitz or Priceline (can't remember), but it was not Priceline's NYOP. The only reason I didn't book on United was because I have a Canadian credit card and they require a US address (I didn't know about United.ca at the time).

This is a trip I do fairly often (3 or 4 times/year) and would love to be able to build up miles for this. I feel like I'm missing out and am not sure why.

2. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Do you know what fare class your ticket was booked in? This page will show you what the earnings rates are for each class. If you believe that it should have earned miles, just give UA MP a call. Very possible that the request missing miles tool isn't working 100% ;)

ranman1973, Flyer1976 and Jimgotkp like this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    If it was a paid ticket for travel on United that you're crediting to United's Mileage Plus program then it's highly unlikely that it actually wasn't eligible for miles. If it was an opaque Priceline booking that would be another matter, of course.

4. ranman1973

ranman1973 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely wasn't opaque. I guess I'll get on the phone with United and figure out what's up. Thanks for the response, Gleff.

5. ranman1973

ranman1973 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not entirely sure how to read my ticket stub, but I think it's class Y "full economy" so I will give them a call and find out the dealio. Thanks.