Why it’s cheaper to take a butler on Ryanair than extra bag

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | Europe' started by sobore, Dec 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

SO-CALLED bargain flights can rapidly rise in cost with airline add-on fees.

But it’s apparently cheaper to take a BUTLER with you than check in your baggage.

Research by WhichAirline.com shows it can cost less to buy an extra ticket for your man-servant (if you’re lucky enough to have one) to carry your bags on the flight.

A Ryanair flight from Stansted to Maastricht, Holland costs £9.99 each way — but checking-in a normal-sized (15kg) bag costs £15 each way.

So, buying two return tickets and using your butler’s hand luggage allowance — he clearly won’t be taking his own stuff — can save a staggering 20 per cent.

We sent our man LEE PRICE and his butler, Timothy Brown, 29, from Ashford, Kent, to see if the plane-ly daft idea worked. He says:

“Walking through an airport I’m normally constantly checking I’ve still got my passport in my pocket and dragging my suitcase around with me.

So it feels more than a little strange having Tim walking slightly behind me with an almost deferential demeanour.

Read More: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4700247/ryanair-cheap-flight-with-butler.html
    uggboy likes this.
  2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

It's clear, Ryanair wants us to have an Butler! :D