Why isn't LAN part of the OWMD (oneworld Mega Do)?

Discussion in 'oneworld' started by zpaul, Oct 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering...registering my partner fo the OWMD we noticed that LAN does not appear on the drop-down list of airlines when you answer the "Elite Status" question. What gives? I see most of the other OW airlines there, and there ARE avid LANPASS members out here, even if LANPASS isn't avid about their people...

Wake up and smell the café, LAN. You have fans.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quite a disappointment, especially since I will always have a fondness for LAN because of a business transaction my family did with them back in 2004. Always nice to sell a important domain name.

jbcarioca and zpaul like this.
  3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    So...LAN refused chose not to be a part of the Do?

If that's the case, I'm glad I lost status from Sapphire to Ruby to switch from LANPASS to AAdvantage, though living in Chile I still have to pay LAN for most of my flights. I guess that's why they don't care...we're a captive audience.

(Too many comments that could be taken the wrong way since the ex-owner is now the Prez...)

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they are a part of it (Since they are at LAX), and it probably was a simple oversight in writing that dropdown.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually, don't read much into that list. It's just some research and the default from prior MDs determined the list was simply tooooooo long. It's just pared down and not meant to be a complete list (there are more than 170 frequent flyer programs). It's just a sampling of random programs to gauge the average type of "frequent" flyer that participates in these MegaDos.

jbcarioca likes this.