Why I won’t fly US Airways until the merger integration is complete

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by Prior2Boarding, Sep 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Prior2Boarding

Prior2Boarding New Member

Here are some of the reasons why I will not be flying US Airways until the merger integration is complete. US Airways’ IT has annoying faults. AA elite members on the upgrade standby list can be skipped by a passenger newly checking in when a first/business class becomes available. The US Airways “move up” policy is idiotic. In order to qualify for move up your new flight must: “a) be within 6 hours of the original scheduled departure, b) on the same day with the same number of stops, c) All flights have open seats. HOWEVER, if your flight simply stops but does not change planes it is not considered a stop and you will therefore struggle to find a flight which they deem to be ‘direct.’ This becomes a nuisance because when you arrive at your stopping point, they still plead with you to get off the plane. AAdvantage elites cannot get upgraded on AA flights booked on US Airways. The only way to get upgraded on an AA flight as an AA elite member when your flight is booked on US Airways is by waiting until check-in day or at the airport. This makes it extremely hard to [...] The post Why I won’t fly US Airways until the merger integration is complete appeared first on Fly2Travel.

Continue reading...
  2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

This article and therefore attendant post has so much incorrect information/assumptions I wont even bother trying to start addressing them.:rolleyes: