Why I Turned Down A $1,200 Voucher

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 24, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

The answer is not “because it was for Delta Airlines,” though it was Delta doing the offering. The $1,200 Offer I checked in for my flight from Athens to JFK and was notified that there was a chance that they would be looking for volunteers due to an oversold situation. Being that it was the only Athens to JFK flight of the day, I could certainly understand that. I didn’t think anything else about it until I reached Athens the next day and every airline representative I encountered asked if I would like a $1,000 voucher and a night in a hotel and food vouchers to take the same flight the next day. They were asking every passenger that and began to announce it over the speakers. It turns out that they did need 6 people in the end to take advantage of that! The offer was pretty decent as you can get a lot of travel (and miles) for $1,200 (they took it up from $1,000). Plus, a night... The post Why I Turned Down A $1,200 Voucher appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...