Why I like FUBAR...

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by redtailshark, Feb 26, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK so now that FUBAR is here, as promised, this could be good for the shark. No, wait, I'm serious.

Here's why.

I'm CAFO, at least for now, and with the significant culling of the herd that means - probably - more chance of UG if I ever bought an actual DL revenue ticket. I never pay competitive monies to DL anyway and I don't generate SM by actual flying. Then if I ever needed SM, I can generate them via MS and for certain situations, e.g. short one-ways, this might make the program somewhat useful in the manner of AVIOS. I can fly DL on mistake fares and expect better service. It won't disincentivize my spending with DL, which is already asymptotical to zero (~$40 over the last two years, I think for a bump in Ms.Shark's SM account to threshold for an intra-HI redemption).

The people for whom this does suck are regular Jane/Joe biz flyers at GM/PM or even DM who will sit in the DL tin cans as much as before and who will find themselves accruing between 15% and 40% of their current earnings which they use for family vac etc. Probably it sucks for many DL apologists, too, who thought DL wouldn't have the balls to do this. Could be time for an AA match, soon in fact, even for those guys.

I salute Jeff. He does have such. And now you will deal with the consequences.

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    We know this is good for you shark as you only travel DL tix in paid business.

I thought you'd spent more than that commuting to Rangoon

3. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's true. I did fly numerously to RGN in BE on 006-stock but those were purchased in summer 12 and they cost...well, not vastly more than the SM top up. So, OK, so the high roller-HVC-bubba-busting spend I described occurred not quite over two years... it should be 18 months.