Why I continue to fly AA!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by garyst16, Jun 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On a recent trip, one of our flights (117 JFK-LAX) was cancelled. After a 5 hour delay, both my daughter and I were upgraded to Business on a later flight and also received the following email 2 weeks later:

June 24, 2011
    Dear Mr. xxxxxxx:
    Our customers are important to us and we hope that you will use this transportation voucher to travel with us again soon. We are looking forward to serving you in the future. **This voucher cannot be reissued after expiration** Please contact us again via our Customer Relations link at aa.com.
    Sincerely,
    VJP
    Customer Relations
    American Airlines

rwoman, sobore and viguera like this.
  2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Presuming you didn't ask for it (or even if you did), that's pretty decent of AA. They really take care of the EXP crew.

Something may just be up with that bloody 117 flight. On ft, a few people have suggested it has been on the wrong side of some wildcat labor action. While I don't know for sure about any labor actions, I'm pretty sure it has by far the worst record of delays of any of the transcons.

garyst16 likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    This was that flight that went mechanical the other day when the weather was nice, right? I remember you posted about this trip.

Nice to see they volunteered some compensation... even though the glass half empty crowd will say $500 for two people is kind of on the low side. :)

garyst16 likes this.
  4. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, same flight I posted about the other day. May be on the low side, but $500 is $500!

viguera likes this.
  5. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called the EXP desk to ask what type of compensation I should expect and this is what they offered.

Tenmoc likes this.
  6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Plus a J upgrade...

viguera and garyst16 like this.
  7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well had it being United they would have sent you squat, then when you asked they'd give you $100. :)

garyst16 likes this.
  8. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA has its cons, but no one is perfect! Benefits, perks and pros are way surpassed the cons! Hope they can grow and continuing to benefit their most loyal customers!!!

garyst16 likes this.
  9. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Being UA 1K, when I have a flight canceled due to non-weather issues, I usually automatically get compensation and rebooked and upgraded on the next available flight. I think that UA and AA are very similar in their customer relations at elite levels. I have never really tried much on AA, but since I will renew 1K early this year, I think I will try for status on AA.

garyst16 likes this.
  10. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having been a UA regular and switching to AA years ago, I can't speak for how UA treats their PAX today, but I left for a reason...

Tenmoc likes this.
  11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    In the past UA has always been known for being pretty generous in terms of offering comps. I've heard the winds have changed with the CO merger. I've only been comped by AA once in all my years flying with them. I can't even remember what the issue was. There was another time that I sent in a complaint that went unanswered, even after repeated attempts to get clarification on something.

Either way, two issues in 3 years is pretty good in my estimation. Hope to keep it that way!