Why I’m Keeping The Club Carlson Card

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, May 5, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

There's no arguing that the Club Carlson program -- and in particular the Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card -- are undergoing a massive devaluation. For bookings as of June 1, 2015: -- The Club Carlson Visa is no longer offering a second night free benefit, whereby the second night of an award stay is complimentary; this was a huge benefit which basically doubled the value of Gold Points for many members -- Club Carlson is adjusting their hotel award categories, whereby the cost of many of Club Carlson's nicest properties is increasing by 40-60% Club Carlson is destroying the value of their loyalty programs in many ways, though at the same time I can't really blame them. The program was unsustainably generous, it just seems a bit extreme to rip the rug out from under us on both fronts at the same time. The cost of many of the two night redemptions I would have made is going from 50,000 points (Category 6 with second night free) to 140,000 points (Category 7 with no second night free). That sucks. The post Why I’m Keeping The Club Carlson Card appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...