Why Frequent Flyer Programs Don't Work - And What Delta Is Doing About It?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by uggboy, Jan 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Why Frequent Flyer Programs Don't Work - And What Delta Is Doing About It? ||

Delta follows Industry trends, IMHO, leading would be a better choice in the long-term. ;)

Kalboz and Davescj like this.
  2. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't have an issue with the 25K miles + 2500 USD program. As it is right now. Why?

If you are really trying to get miles, you have an AMEX to help anyway (and the costs are waived).

Second, as a frequent buyer of tickets, I want my higher status protected and so get more upgrades.

Lastly, let's be real... 2500 USD is not that hard to hit. It sounds like water testing to me.

Kalboz likes this.
  3. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would argue that a single passenger flying a single flight, even in F for $10K (leaving aside the fact that DL doesn't even have int'l F) isn't "more valuable" to the airline than the passenger who repeatedly buys the lower-fare coach class ticket on multiple flights, in which case s/he is adding marginal revenue to multiple flights, not just one. Which flight is more likely to get cancelled: the one with full F and empty coach, or the other way around?

Kalboz likes this.