Why does it take Marriott 2+ days to provide an e-folio?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by PhlyingRPh, Mar 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I stay at a Hilton property, I am able to retrieve my e-invoice from my HiltonHonors account pretty much the same day. However, when I stay at a Marriott, it takes 2 days or more for an electronic folio to make it to my inbox, and there is no way (that I know of) to go online and retrieve the receipt.

I don't mean to single out Marriott, but I'm sure many of us like the convenience of electronic receipts from airlines, car rental companies and hotels if only because it allows us to submit our expense reports electronically and without having to scan or efax paper receipts.

2. DenverBrian
    Original Member

DenverBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just a matter of prioritization of resources coming out of the Great Recession, I'd guess. I note also that Avis has an e-receipt in my e-mail within 30 minutes of me returning the car, so the technology exists.

3. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Marriott Forum, but I have to say something about how friggin' fast Avis is with the e-receipts.

I assume the reason it takes another day or two is to make sure you didn't go Charlie Sheen in the room, and housekeeping to "report" the room being okay. Doesn't excuse the two or three days it normally takes, but that's my guess.

4. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is ridiculous. I just received an email with a folio from a REN stay that ended 3 weeks ago!

5. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    National sends it out normally within 30 seconds. The email normally arrives at my phone as I walk away from the car.

travelingmore likes this.
  6. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Almost the same for Budget - usually in less than an hour.

7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wonder why car rental companies (whether avis, national, budget...) are so much more on top of this than hotels (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood all tend more to several days than several hours).

8. DonV.Smith
    Original Member

DonV.Smith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing hotel chains just have not updated IT infrastructure appropriately, leveraging to many queue's with daily runs or something to that effect.

I agree though - it's a bit annoying.

I like having my car rental receipt sitting in my inbox quite rapidly (Avis typically), I can easily add it to the expense report vs. taking the step to scan it. If Marriott were to implement this, it would be a big business traveler relations boost - not that things are otherwise bad or mediocre... it would show they are taking those extra steps to make things easier for us and want want to return for that extra level of convenience.

On line access to bills would be a substitute to having a billing summary emailed out, but it seems like that would cost a bit more to implement.

9. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Okay, so it wasn't me.

I just got an e-mail receipt from a stay at a Marriott that ended three weeks ago as well.

10. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's how it should be. I'm definitely locked into the wrong travel partners...

Hertz - Have to go to the website, search for my receipt and print to PDF. No auto-push email option available.
    Marriott - It's apparently a 3 week wait for a receipt to be emailed now.
    My corporate travel intranet - Have to go to the website, search for an e-invoice and print to PDF
    Hilton's not bad but I still have to visit the website to pull the receipt.

11. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    No
    No, it's not just us - a number of my reports mentioned this too over the last few days. I wonder if this is how it's going to be from now on (hopefully just a glitch).

12. DonV.Smith
    Original Member

DonV.Smith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd lean towards a glitch, a Thursday check-out typically yields a receipt for me on Saturday or Sunday.
    Of course I've scanned the bill and submitted the expense by the time I get the email version...

13. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, I have not been up to speed in reading your reports.

14. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    LOL - when I said "A number of my reports...", I meant "people who report to me (and who's expenses I have to approve)". Sorry for the confusion.

15. hungarianhc
    Original Member

hungarianhc Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it makes you feel better, Starwood doesn't even do e-folios as a general policy. Some hotels will offer it to you specially, but it's not across the board. But I agree... I like to get my expense reports done as soon as my business trips end. So I end up scanning the paper folio before I ever get the e-folio. I just archive the e-folio in case i ever need to reference it later.

DonV.Smith likes this.
  16. annerj
    Original Member

annerj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm still getting them a couple days post checkout. Got mine at 3:41am this morning for a Monday check out stay.

DonV.Smith likes this.
  17. Gatorray
    Original Member

Gatorray Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 and when it does arrive, I have already scanned and submitted it since our deadline is midnight on Saturday for that week.

I wonder if it's possible for the property to email it outside of the usual way? I will ask when I check in tonight.

DonV.Smith likes this.
  18. DonV.Smith
    Original Member

DonV.Smith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe if a large number of us send an email... not a complaint, but a suggestion that would aid business travelers, they would look into the infrastructure changes required to do so. It's possible their IT &/or contract resources have something in the works now... If not, I'm sure it would still take time to implement.