Why does Choice Privileges take 6-8 weeks to post to FF accounts?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Gus Morgan, May 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Or is it possible it will be much shorter? I have over 100K Choice points that I would like to use for airline travel in early July but they tell me it will take 6-8 weeks to post to any airline FF acct. I contacted 2 airlines and they said the hold up is not on their end. Choice cannot give me an answer. If I can't use them for this ticket, I would rather leave them for free hotel stays. Does anyone know if it really takes 6-8 weeks to post? and why? is there a way to expedite this transfer?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP

3. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    you might try posting this in the choice privileges part of the forums. It is in the hotel section.

I think most programs like to delay things for 6 to 8 weeks just to keep your money (points) in their pockets for a while.
    We all know that most any transactions can really happen in seconds or less.

Have you tried asking for a supervisor or someone with more authority on the phone? If you are nice about explaining your need for the transfer right away, maybe they could help you.

good luck

4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Over on FT, a few people have said that their transfers to airline programs posted in 7-10 days. Not a guarantee, of course, but another perspective on your question.

5. what is FT?

7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I have an answer for you here. Chatting with both the VP and Director of the Choice Privileges program, here's what is happening:
    It appears that the "6 to 8 weeks for miles to post" was an old rule. In reality, most mileage postings occur within 2 weeks. However, my experience in chatting with various programs is that there are a couple of airlines that ask partners to publish a window of 4 to 6 weeks for miles to post, even though they usually post within a couple of weeks as well. This is an allocation to volume of transactions coming from various partners (not all are standardized or automated) and designed to add cushion to expectations.

The executives at Choice did tell me that based upon this direct input from milepoint that they will be making a subtle change to the language they currently have posted — likely something like 1-6 weeks for miles to post based upon the airline specified.

Hope this answers your question and thanks, because you've now helped all members of the Choice Privileges program be better informed with the soon-to-come updated rule.

9. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Some great answers here, particularly from Randy having access to some "powers that be", so nothing to add. Just wanted to welcome you to MP! :)

SC Flier and miles and smiles like this.