Why do you fly first class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by bachelorarbeit, Oct 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. bachelorarbeit

bachelorarbeit Member

Status Points:
    +++ SURVEY +++

Dear Community,

I'm a student at the University of St. Gallen (Switzerland) and I am currently conducting a research on the factors that motivate passengers to fly first class. As the most of you are pretty much into that topic, I would value your participation a lot! Recent tests have proven the survey to be done within 10 minutes. Please don't get put off by the repeating structure of the questions in the middle part - due to academic standards I had to follow the methodology.

Here is the link to the survey:
    http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?s...hh0ed8jr327484

I would appreciate your participation a lot.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information. As discussed with the administration, I will be more than happy to share the results with the community.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please do share the results.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    'Cause it's there. :)

Alright, alright, I will take a look at the survey.

4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I took a look at your survey and could not complete it. This year 95% of my domestic travel has been in upgraded first class but with a paid economy ticket. Two of my international trips have been paid economy tickets upgraded to business class, while another trip with Qantas and Cathay has been in first and business using entirely miles. It looks like your survey is slanted towards flyers that purchase revenue tickets to book directly into first or business and not those utilizing miles or upgrade instruments.

It might be something as simple as your not being familiar with how U.S. based carriers operate their award and upgrade programs, but without addressing tickets purchased in this manner you might be missing a lot of flyers that would otherwise complete your survey.

iolaire and traveltoomuch like this.
  5. StevenGerrard

StevenGerrard Silver Member

Status Points:
    Because that is also available.. :)

6. Cove

Cove Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes I just view it as the way to maximize the value of points redemption flights. I have recently used points on Singapore Air, British Airways and Qantas and I enjoyed all three.

7. tim0thy

tim0thy Active Member

Status Points:
    "Sorry this survey has now been closed."