Why do points&cash cancelations not automatically put points back into my HGP account?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Thomask, Apr 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I made a "points and cash" + a "guest of honor" reservation recently via phone with a Hyatt call-center associate. (since it cannot be done online as of now) To due certain circumstances I had to cancel both later. I did the cancelation online from my HGP account (my reservations) Unfortunately the points have not yet posted back to my account. Has that happened to you? Why is that?

traveltoomuch likes this.
  2. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was contacted by Hyatt guest assistance via personal message regarding the above and the points posted quickly after that. Great customer-service.

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So did you find out the answer to the "why" question?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  4. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, it has happened to me. And it has even happened when the cancellation (a change, really; I dropped one night from a longer reservation) was made by phone. Why? Maybe because Hyatt's IT is terrible.

5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    No sorry, HGP just solved the points issue and credited the points back. I do not think the issue behind "why not automatically" is solved.(as of now) But then I live in CN and the Hyatt problems are nothing compared to issues I run into here on a daily bases. For example why do Air China and China Southern (some of the world biggest airlines) not accept foreign credit-cards if I book on their websites in mainland CN? But that is a different thread....