Why did my seat change?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by 15A, Feb 20, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. 15A
    Original Member

15A Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got a notice (not from CO, but from Pageonce) that my seat on an upcoming 738 had been changed from 20A to 21F. They're both ELR/exit row windows, so I guess I don't have a huge beef but I've never had my seat assignment changed without my knowledge or without an equipment change - and the flight isn't for another month. Does this often happen and for what purpose?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Dunno why, but 21 reclines and 20 doesn't so probably not a terrible thing for you.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. 15A
    Original Member

15A Silver Member

Status Points:
    Alright, this is embarrassing. Turns out it was not CO who did me a favor, it was someone I know reviewing my reservation and moving me to the reclining exit row. [​IMG]

4. Waterstrider
    Original Member

Waterstrider Silver Member

Status Points:
    haha, I'm usually the one doing the phantom seat changing to help out my parents. It can be fun to hear their reactions when they realize they have a better seat! Glad you have a Seat Guardian Angel and CO didn't just change you.

Now if only the company travel agent's seat "improvement" algorithms could actually succeed at working to get me a better seat rather than just kick me out of E+ to an aisle in the back. Finally got my work travel profile set on "never try to improve seat" but for a while it was quite frustrating!

5. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    wow that sounds like much more fair treatment than Matthew received. Nice to know that CO was at least capable of it.