Why "carrier-imposed fees" for itin all on AA metal?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by pnoeric, Jan 16, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey, I have a flight to Hong Kong coming up, and I just noticed on the receipt that I was charged "carrier-imposed fees" (separate from the fare and the taxes)... see below.

All the legs of this itin are operated by AA, on AA metal. Why would I have these extra fees? I thought those "carrier-imposed fees" only showed up when another airline was thrown into the mix (for example, a BA leg to Europe).

upload_2015-1-16_14-17-13.png

Incidentally, here is the "pricing and tax" details... no additional useful info here, that I can see:

upload_2015-1-16_14-18-0.png

zpaul and MX like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    For cash tickets the fuel surcharges (or whatever they're calling it these days) still apply. So the YQ or YR will still be paid. If it is an award on AA metal you do not pay that.

anabolism, zpaul, MX and 1 other person like this.
  3. pnoeric

pnoeric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey Seth. This is a cash ticket, so that's the YQ/YR, hmm? Interesting that they don't break it out as such in that pricing and tax popup. Thanks.

zpaul likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is broken out as such; YQ/YR translates to "Carrier-imposed fees" in the pricing systems the same way that XF is the Passenger Facility Charge or YC is US Customs Fee or GB is the UK APD.

All of these little "extras" have a two letter code; AA is translating that out to the full description for you.

pnoeric and zpaul like this.