Why Can't Airlines offer frequent flyers cheaper rates forever

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by jmboldwyn, Mar 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. jmboldwyn

jmboldwyn New Member

Status Points:
    I feel that if you are a traveler that spends most of your time in a airport, then you should receive a reduced rate all the time. they should give regulars a code to put in for the discounted rate at all times. I mean if it weren't for those customers, then they would be out of business. They are treating your airline as their home away from home. make them feel at home while at the airport. give a special code for all the food places in the airport, maybe a free big locker to put their stuff in during layovers so it doesn't get stolen and they don't have to lug it around inside the airport until their flight has arrived. I think things like that would be great to have....just sayin ;0)

RoLab55 and gregm like this.
  2. pointshogger

pointshogger Silver Member

Status Points:
    It is very difficult to determine who is considered a regular traveler. Once a week? Once a month?

There is already frequent flyer programs that give flyers points every time they fly. Once they accumulate a certain amount of points, they will qualify for elite status and get a lot of perks.

Instead of a discount per flight, we can use our frequent flyer points to redeem for a free flight.

LETTERBOY and gregm like this.
  3. flynhwn

flynhwn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Consider joining a club.
    Besides all the airline clubs, Chase has a club at airports around the world.
    They have free lockers, showers, food.
    Just spoke to an AMEX rep and their club has FREE table service dining.
    Take a close look at all the options as there are FREE clubs that you can use.

gregm likes this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    While frequent and hard-core travelers are not necessarily given discounts, per se, the perks some airlines offer such as complimentary upgrades and club access are a nice benefit to being away from home a lot. And I might point out that supposedly all of these changes Delta has made over the last couple of years are supposed to make it a better experience for their FFers.

LETTERBOY likes this.
  5. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Evidently it's trending to not how much you fly, but how much you spend.

blackjack-21 and LETTERBOY like this.
  6. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wondering what Chase club you're talking about that has free lockers? I haven't heard of lockers in an airport in the US (where Chase is strongest) since pre 9/11.