Why am I on the cleared standby list?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by adambadam, Apr 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am at the gate for a red-eye tonight and I noticed that (besides the fact my upgrade doesn't have a prayer) I am listed as having cleared the stand-by list along with a lot of other people. My first thought was perhaps it had something to do with transitioning reservations from the old system to the new system though I made this reservation after 3/3. I am still assigned to my original seat and the equipment hasn't changed to my knowledge.

Any ideas... not that it really matters in the end?

2. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Could be a like-for-like equipment swap. Your seat preserved but they had to 'clear' you back onto the flight. Not sure what else could cause this.

-RM

3. Itrvl

Itrvl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I noticed this on 3 flights I took on Wednesday. (But not Tuesday.) I had some time to kill so compared the cleared standby list with the upgrade standby list, and everyone one who was standing by for an upgrade but had not cleared was on the cleared standby list. A glitch I suppose...

4. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can confirm that on United.com (not the mobile site or app), the flight standby list also includes elites on the upgrade standby list. Not sure if it also includes true standby pax or not.

desamo likes this.
  5. below sea level
    Original Member

below sea level Silver Member

Status Points:
    It happened to my wife last week and her seat had been confirmed for over a month. Definitely a glitch because my name wasn't on the standby list and I had only booked my seat a few days before.

6. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I flew IAD-CLT yesterday and my name was also on the Cleared Standby List despite not flying standby on that segment so I suspected it was a glitch.

desamo likes this.