Why am I getting 500 bonus SkyMiles on every partner purchase?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jaw_24, Apr 29, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a newbie at SkyMiles, but was there a promotion that I forgot about? I am getting 500 'bonus miles' on every recent shopping and dining transaction.

Posting Date Description Miles Bonus Miles Total Miles
    27-Apr-11 Dining For Miles 17 500 517
    23-Apr-11 SkyMiles Shopping 124 500 624
    23-Apr-11 SkyMiles Shopping 226 500 726

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking gift horse in the mouth? :)

There are bonuses for the Dining program but I'm not sure about the shopping portal.

3. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not questioning the bonuses, but just wondering how long they'll continue, and if I should go buy a few dozen songs off of iTunes to find out. I already received the 1k dining bonus, so this shouldn't be it.

4. travelinmike33
    Original Member

travelinmike33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can check the promotions you've signed up for on the website if you haven't already. Go to "Manage My Account" under "SkyMiles" in the top right corner. There's an option for "View Your SkyMiles Promotions" that lists everything you've signed up for.

MSPeconomist likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I find that everything I've signed up for doesn't always appear on the list--in particular, when the sign up period is over but the promo is continuing, I'm not always able to verify the information on delta.dumb.

6. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah, thanks for the tip--this seems to be the culprit.

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    That actually seems to be a pretty good deal... you get the miles you were gonna get anyway plus a bonus. I don't think anybody else is currently doing that.

8. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sounds like a very good deal for those who are eligible. There must be some extremely inexpensive activities that one can use here for miles. It would be good to keep a record of the activities so to try to max out on this promo.

9. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, too bad it's only open to new members... :(

The "unique" partner bit is part of a total of 40k miles you can earn when you join, but the other activities are fairly easy to accomplish as well... fly/redeem/credit card/etc.

But you can certainly achieve the 5k partner miles in a hurry... it's interesting because it says in the T&C that "SkyMilesShopping.com qualifies as only one activity" which I would have interpreted to mean if you shop there once you don't get any extra miles, yet you can see that he has two separate 500 miles bonuses from them.

10. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They did something weird with splitting up a single transaction. I was supposed to earn 1350 points on a $50 Groupon, and for some reason it got split into 2 transactions. Even better, I got a bonus on each transaction.

I'm going to try an iTunes purchase to see if it still counts--wanted to rent a movie anyway.

11. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    1350? Groupon is 27 miles per dollar on AA? Jesus I gotta go jump on that... :)

12. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't the OP saying "Skymiles," not "Aadvantage Miles?"
    (Unless you mean AA as in , "Hi, my name is viguera, and I'll buy anything if you give me enough Aadvantage Miles." ;))

viguera likes this.
  13. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The 1350 was 7 miles per dollar + 1000 bonus that they were offering at the time for some other reason.