Who we are? milepointers on Kiva

Discussion in 'Kiva | Loans That Change Lives' started by jbcarioca, Jun 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now that there are more than 300 of us we need some help to know each other. Please tell us about yourself and why you are with us in FlyForward/milepointers on Kiva. If you have been making microloans for a long time please tell us about that too.

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Joined 2006 - as stated on my member page: Success starts with a small dream. Sometimes it feels like here in the US people forget that. I know that most likely someone else can achieve far more with my $25 than I will.
    http://www.kiva.org/lender/iolaire

3. MissBurrill
    Original Member

MissBurrill Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's my turn!

I discovered Kiva in a newsletter I receive. One week Kiva was mentioned and people were encouraged to make a loan. I did and I've gone from there. I gave three friends a $25 gift card each and those have turned into ten loans.

I'm a member of a forum called the Australian Frequent Flyer and when MP launched I joined here. I saw the Kiva group and here I am, putting my loans to our group.

zpaul, iolaire, jbcarioca and 3 others like this.
  4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    I joined Kiva back in December 2007. I was happy lending every month, got it up to where I had $1500 invested in the Kiva program. I then made the mistake of joining Team Australia. Biggest mistake I ever made, bitchy comments were made about who we should lend to or otherwise. This was about the time that they added US loans to the program. Any comment you made, would be misconstrued to the detriment. I got so over it, I left the team and withdrew the majority of my funds from Kiva.

Once this team started up I decided to dip my toes back in. I like the way it is all encouragement and no criticism. We are all free to lend what we like to who we like and any questions that are asked and answered of the Kiva program are done in a respectful way.

zpaul, IDGflygirl, iolaire and 4 others like this.