Who said there's no love for Silver Medallions??

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by rwoman, Aug 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

My sister (FO) and nephew (no status) came over to visit for the past week to go to the Olympics, be tourists, etc. Today they're flying LHR-JFK-SAN... I looked at expertflyer and realized their seats had been vacated (row 30) and showed empty...go into my sisters SM account...OPUP!! :D

This is her third westbound ex-LHR TATL this eyar and her third OpUp!!

Who said it's all hate for FO's??

:)

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Once upon a time (like before a certain merger), this wouldn't have been significant enough to post because upgrades for Silvers were relatively common, rather than relatively rare.

DTWBOB

rwoman likes this.
  3. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    An update...

She just called me from the gate and said they had not called her up yet - I told her to just go tell them she noted online that something looked off with her seats and she wanted to re-conform their exit row seats. She was in the queue when they called her and handed her the BE BP's. [​IMG]

Knowing to pay attention, she said she did not think many Medallions were flying today as the GA's were looking in the boarding area (person to person, not an announcement) for single pax to upgrade. I'm assuming many of the fares purchased on this flight were cheaper Y tix for pax coming to London for the Olympics.
    :)

traveller99 likes this.
  4. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awesome!!

N670DN and rwoman like this.
  5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was and still is, route dependent. I was 100% with around 20 flights my first year as a silver, and that was post merger.

ryandc99 likes this.
  6. N670DN
    Original Member

N670DN Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good to hear. I've been op'd up when traveling with an FO just before a big irrops day was about to begin (as I had no status). That was back in 2008