Who needs mileage credit cards...

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, May 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    ... when you can earn Farmville credits with the new Amex Farmville rewards debit card?

http://allthingsd.com/20120522/amex...it-card-that-rewards-users-in-farmville-cash/

American Express and Zynga are rolling out a rewards program today that will allow players to earn virtual currency when they spend money in the real world.
    FarmVille fans willing to jump through a number of hoops, including signing up for a Zynga-branded prepaid card from American Express, will earn in-game currency, similarly to how consumers earn free airline miles for every dollar spent on an airline-issued credit card.
    The rewards program will first roll out in Zynga’s FarmVille game and then will expand to CityVille, CastleVille and other titles over time.

2. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    and people say mileage junkies are nuts...

to each his own
    or, as PT Barnum never said... "There's a sucker born every minute"

LizzyDragon84, wrxmom, Toula and 7 others like this.
  3. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Prepaid card :( I guess I'll have to wait for better promotion to get back to Mafia Wars.

Toula, bearcat74, Espan and 2 others like this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wait... double-dip! Earn miles to load the prepaid card, then earn Farmville credits when using the debit card for, well, whatever one does with those. If you read it one on of those blogs, you know where you heard it first!

5. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    How many Farmville credits do I need to get a tractor ride in F? Will it not be available because John Deere sold my award space to country bumpkins for tens of dollars upgrading from their ride-on lawn mowers?

6. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    But if your lucky maybe some F space will open up on kabota. ;)

wrxmom and TheBOSman like this.