Who is wishing for a Faster Free Nights Promo?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by chitownflyer, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would very much like to see another FFN style promo this spring from Hyatt, but it looks like the spring promo may be points based. Does anyone have any insight into whether we might get lucky with another FFN promo. Otherwise, I gather the next time we might see this type of promo is in the late fall.

EYK likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to see another as well.

Seeing as hotel business seems to be picking up, I'm of the viewpoint that FFN may be gone for awhile or at the least, not held for as long a promo period or limiting the properties or dates FFN's can be redeemed at.

3. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think it's gone too, at least for now. It's a great promo but perhaps overly generous when business is improving without it.

4. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    GP made it clear on Facebook that there will be a Points Promo this Spring. I hope they bring back FFN sometime in fall.

5. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to see FFN, as I was not with Hyatt when that promo occurred.. However, I enjoyed the "Great 10K". I earned an additional 30K points, and if they had extended the promo until the end of December, I would have earned 70K, total. I'm sure they lost a few $$, especially with people staying multiple nights at a cheap HP, and then redeeming for nights at PH Paris.

6. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was really hoping for another FFN. The last promo was nice, and I earned a bunch of extra points for it, but still get more bang for the buck out of FFN.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  7. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope they bring something like the 10K promo back with some G Bonuses.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  8. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obviously everyone loves the opportunity to earn free nights. However, if it is a points bonus offer we will be more than happy as that gives us the points to spend at our leisure, we don't have to look to go somewhere within a given time to burn the free nights.

9. Sean
    Original Member

Sean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I really miss FFNs.

The original rational I heard about the "Great 10K" promo being points based and not nights based was that they really wanted the new Hyatt credit card to be the way to earn free nights in the fall of 2010.

However they may have seen some really good numbers on the great 10K, which could spell the end of the nights based promo.

Still, here's hoping that FFN makes a comeback this fall!

IDGflygirl and FriendlySkies like this.
  10. Windward Side of Life

Windward Side of Life Active Member

Status Points:
    Totally agree w/ Jaimito. Would 've loved to see a FFN this spring since almost all of my travel is self-funded and mostly leisure travel. Nothing like having FFN's to use over the summer while the kids are out of school. Ahh, those sweet memories of last summer compliments of the Grand Hyatt Kauai...

Unfortunately from what little we've "heard" it sounds like the spring promo will be limited to points, though that could still be fairly nice if it's something like, or even better than, the last go around 10K and the current G bonuses are extended, both in scope of properties participating and in the earning term. I suppose a couple-dozen thousand extra points can come in handy, even if it can't really compare with FFN's. I just wish they'd announce it already!

11. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Definitely me and we are still hanging in anticipation for the march promo although i think it would not be as spectacular as compared to a FFN.

12. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    Being that I didn't have a chance to take advantage of the last one, I would love the opportunity.

13. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    AFAIK, the previous FFN type promotions gave the option of either earning free nights or bonus points, so the Gold Passport post on Facebook states that the promo will be an opportunity to earn points, but it leaves open the possibility of FFN as well. I hope Hyatt listens to customer feedback indicating that we wish to have FFN.

14. Samuel Rhoades

Samuel Rhoades Silver Member

Status Points:
    seems to me with the G promos getting harder to find IMO, that they need to do something to keep me from bolting to Starwood (again)

15. endodoc79
    Original Member

endodoc79 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Everyone likes a promo- they need to have something for people to look forward to. While FFN is an award winning promo and I would welcome it the new credit card free nights makes the FFN less likely for now. The imperative is for a promo ASAP.

YULtide and Wanaflyforless like this.
  16. doodley
    Original Member

doodley Active Member

Status Points:
    Would definitely appreciate a FFN - this is what got me hooked on Hyatt in 2010 as my hotel chain of choice (without which, I would've remained oblivious in SPG). However, reality is that travel is picking up, or has already picked up, and the glut of free rooms based on Hyatt CC signup bonuses must also have an impact on their decision to not offer FFN or even a 1Q promotion.

17. TravelGuy1965
    Original Member

TravelGuy1965 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My hope is for a Gx promo in combination with an airline promotion.
    The last two times they had both running at the same time and it was wonderful.

18. I'm guessing we'll see FFN sometime during the year, just not every quarter. [​IMG]

19. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    FFN would be nice at some point but right now I'd be happy with any promo. We're almost at mid-February so hopefully something will be announced in the next week or two.

20. tin509

tin509 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the FFN promo came in Mar last year so hopefully it will show up in a few wks. I owe my Diamond status to FFN.

IDGflygirl likes this.
  21. Mary2e
    Original Member

Mary2e Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a general rule, FFN were only offered in the Fall. I believe there may have been one or two of them in the late spring/summer.

Last year was an abberation to get people hooked on the program. It worked :) They gave away the shop and now people are looking for 1st Qtr promos, which really never existed before :)

I was happy with the fall promos, and didn't even participate in 2010 because the valid dates didn't match my travel dates :(

Wanaflyforless likes this.
  22. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    According to all the posts on FB in the past month, it appears we will see a points-based promo in March. Many believe that the free nights offered by the Hyatt VISA have either pushed FFN further into the year or off the table completely. One can only hope....

23. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    To reply to the thread title: Who is not wishing for a FFN promo?? :p

JonathanIT likes this.
  24. AnthroFlyer
    Original Member

AnthroFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone have any info on how well the Hyatt credit card is doing? I've used mine at three different hyatt properties and the FD always seems surprised to see it.

25. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Who" would like another FFN? How about EVERYBODY!!!!