Who Is Selected for IHG e-Rewards Opinion Panel? Benefit?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Miles, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Miles
    Original Member

Miles Silver Member

Status Points:
    I generally enjoy stays at Holiday Inns, but had a bad experience 3 weeks ago. I sent a message that described the mess, using their online system, and never heard anything back.

Yesterday I received an email invitation from the company to complete a survey about my latest stay, the unpleasant one. I started to answer the multiple-choice questions, giving a lot of worst ratings (along with some good ones, for the good parts of the stay). But...the survey seemed to have no end...every time I clicked Continue, there was another page full of questions. Eventually I canceled out and did not complete the survey.

Today I received an email offering me the "special invitation" to join the "e-Rewards Opinion Panel", where I would have the opportunity to complete more surveys.

Do they send these invitations to the e-Rewrds Opinion Panel to everyone, to a random group, or only to those who have expressed displeasure with IHG?

Other than a few hundred PriorityClub points, is there any benefit (to) submitting to these surveys?

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing it's the standard e-rewards which sends out various surveys from time to time. I use it to get a few thousand PC points a year, they have other redemption options, airlines etc..
    Surveys are usually 10 - 20 minutes in length.

3. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had one survey out of a few years worth turn into an in person focus group and $200 cash (not E-rewards dollars). The eRewards invitation has come to me from every program I am a member of except AA as they run a competitor, I would not link the invite to the complaint.

Miles likes this.
  4. Miles
    Original Member

Miles Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are probably right.

5. airshadow
    Original Member

airshadow Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got the same email today too - so it was just a coincidence

6. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I both got the email today. Seems they are in need of a lot of new people who aren't burned out on those surveys. I've in the past done them for HHonors points. Not sure if I'll bother signing up again.

7. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will let ya know soon, as I just gor the HI survey for a stay last weekend...although I never actually stayed there, just checked in and out...for a Sat Crack the Case stay :)

8. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Didn't get any survey here...

Skyvillager likes this.
  9. Andyandy
    Original Member

Andyandy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say it's worth the time, though I prefer E-miles. Surveys pay varying amounts of "dollars." Redemption rates of "dollars" to airline miles are 25/500, 50/1000, 100/2000.

E-rewards is really handy for some multi-partner promos. For example, US and Delta's most recent multi-partner promos both counted E-rewards as a partner. For that reason, I always keep 25 "dollars" in my account for the next promo.

Andyandy

10. brinkers
    Original Member

brinkers Gold Member

Status Points:
    I signed up to this sometime back, but I hardly receive any surveys from them. Maybe they don't like my answers [​IMG]

11. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can try to "update" your profile there!
    I also make this sometimes when i dont get no survey for a longer time and normaly short after this it will "working again"... But anyway it have nothing to do with your answers - just with the fitting of surveys to your profile!
    So give it a try!

Greetings Mark

12. Miles
    Original Member

Miles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today I received an email from IHG, reminding me to complete my survey. With fingers crossed for good luck, I decided to give it a go. After at least 10 additional pages of questions, it looked as if I was finally done.

Then, the website started tossing dynamic questions at me. It looked as if every earlier question that I had answered as "not satisfactory" was spawning at least 10 new, related questions.

Arrrgh!

Horse likes this.