Who’s At Fault For Not Clarifying Fare Rules?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Nov 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I get a lot of the questions on the Ask Lucky page of the blog. Some of them I have an answer to and some of them I don't have an answer to. The below question from reader Ed definitely falls in the latter category. Usually I'd just say "sorry, I'm honestly not sure," but this is an especially unique situation. Here's the question: "I wonder if I can ask for your advice and opinion. I recently purchased a round trip business class ticket thru AMEX travel website on British Airways, and when I purchased the ticket I went through their fare rules closely. The outbound is refundable if you pay 500USD in penalty; on the inbound, the fare rules is not available to be viewed. I now need to cancel the ticket and my first conservation with AMEX was not very fruitful. They were able to see the outbound fare rules, but they thought the inbound was not refundable, but referred me to British Airways for confirmation. When I called British Airways, they could see the outbound rules, but the inbound is in a code that they couldn’t decifer, and referred me back to AMEX." The post Who’s At Fault For Not Clarifying Fare Rules? appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...