Which UR Account is Credited When Shopping at UR Mall?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by Explore, Dec 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I understand that purchases at the UR Mall receive appropriate bonus points whether or not you use a UR-earning card for the purchase, or even a Chase card. But which UR card receives the bonus points? I no longer have the Chase Sapphire, my first UR card. Default points were going there, but that card is now a black hole (yes, I did transfer existing points to a Chase Ink Plus before closing the Sapphire).

Do I need to do anything to have the bonus points credited to one of my current UR cards, if I use a non-UR card for a purchase?

Thanks.....

harvson3 and TAHKUCT like this.
  2. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have 2 separate Chase log-ins (one for personal cards, like CSP) and one for business (Ink Bold). Which UR Mall I get depends on which log-in I use.

harvson3 likes this.
  3. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It depends on which portal you use... per personal card account or per business card. The points appear on the statement for each card.

That's why, all things being equal (say at 4x for Store X), use the CSP portal. Going through the Sapphire Preferred portal will get you the 7% bonus next year on UR mall points.

All points from your closed Sapphire should already have posted to your account. If not, or if you're waiting on a purchase to post but the card is already closed, well, then best of luck to you.

Nothing more is needed for non-Chase card use at the UR mall for UR points, but if they don't post, don't expect a courtesy crediting from Chase.

PointsCashMiles, boondr and guberif like this.
  4. Explore
    Original Member

Explore Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have the same log-in for my Chase personal and business cards. Sapphire card is closed. We're talking about future points earning, not past earning.

Any idea what gives?

5. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    When you log into Chase.com, under which card/account do you select the blue link "Go to Ultimate Rewards" from the left half of the screen?

That should be the account that is credited, no?

(When I click the Go to Ultimate Rewards (SM) link on the right side of the page, it asks me in a pop-up which account I want to use for the UR Mall.)

autolycus likes this.
  6. PointsCashMiles

PointsCashMiles Silver Member

Status Points:
    When on the Chase website under the "My Accounts" view, you'll see links that say "Go to Ultimate Rewards" under each Credit Card that is Ultimate rewards eligible. You'll be earning points for the card you used the link from. Also, once logged into Ultimate Rewards, if you have more than one eligible card, there will be a link at the top of the page that says "Switch Accounts". You can use this link to make sure you are under the correct card.