Which Toyko Hyatt?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by annkreit, Mar 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. annkreit

annkreit Silver Member

Status Points:
    First time in Tokyo.. 3-4 night stay. Which Hyatt location is best.....Grand, a Regency, or Andaz??

2. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Park

ballardFlyer likes this.
  3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Park and Regency are near each other in the Shinjuku office park district. The immediate surroundings of these hotels are rather bland and uninteresting, though there is plenty of transit access. The Park Hyatt is a fantastic experience although expensive. The Regency is the one of the best values in Tokyo. I think the lounge is OK though opinions vary. Breakfast in the mornings and a 2-hour happy hour with varying hors d'oeuvres in the evening.

The Grand Hyatt and Andaz are better located in the city for most travelers and the nearby neighborhood more interesting. Sometimes the GH is almost as expensive as the PH, in which case the PH is the more unique experience. The GH has a decent lounge with both breakfast and evening cocktail hour with apps. I haven't stayed at the Andaz yet.

4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Are you staying on points or paying? If you're using points or otherwise not constrained by budget, the Park Hyatt Tokyo is one of my all-time favorite hotels.