Which Times Square hotel for 4 nights in January?

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by YankeeTravlr, Oct 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. YankeeTravlr
    Original Member

YankeeTravlr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hello, all - I need your advice! Will be spending 4-5 nights in NYC in mid-January - am traveling up for a conference, but have no interest in staying at the conference hotel (Marriott :rolleyes:). Have been looking at the different options around Times Square - most are actually quite reasonable price-wise (I mean, who wants to travel to the City in mid-Jan??) - and can't decide which I'd prefer. Am HH gold, though I'm not sure that makes much of a difference. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated...

uggboy, rwoman and JohnDeere19 like this.
  2. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. YankeeTravlr
    Original Member

YankeeTravlr Gold Member

Status Points:
    uggboy, rwoman and JohnDeere19 like this.
  4. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have friends who have stayed at the DoubleTree on Lexington (little bit of a walk to Times Square) and really liked the location. Rates look pretty good for mid-January!

Numerous properties near Times Square were in the mid-$100's...figure close to $200/night after taxes.

:)

uggboy likes this.
  5. Jason
    Original Member

Jason Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would definitely go with the Doubletree Times Square as the 1st option and the Hilton Times Square as the second.

I love the Doubletree for location and size of rooms. If you can request a corner room, it's curved and offers a panoramic view of Times Square that's breathtaking.

The Hilton is also very nice and is a great location with front and back entrances that stretch the block.

If value is more important, the Hampton times square is perfectly fine and a great value for the location.

uggboy likes this.
  6. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    DTTS.

uggboy likes this.
  7. YankeeTravlr
    Original Member

YankeeTravlr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestions! Think I'll go with the DTTS - they've got pretty good rates (and since the conference hotel isn't any cheaper, the office will cover it anyway). Can't beat an expenses-paid visit to the City!

mowogo and uggboy like this.
  8. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is generally how it goes, however the HGI Harold Square can have some steals. I got a rate of $99 for a Friday night stay during restaurant week this past year.

9. Princess Fiona
    Original Member

Princess Fiona Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely Double Tree Times Square. Right across from the Marriott, beside the subway. Fab location. I stayed here last year and had a conference at the Marriott. Good size rooms with a nice little Lounge area and separate bedroom.
    Not too noisy on the high floors and great views.

10. From NYC
    Original Member

From NYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given what the weather might be like that time of year, being so close to your conference hotel might be a very good thing as well.

11. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with Princess Fiona. Im headed to the DT next week for 3 days with my wife and 2 young kids. I looked up the hotel on Trip Advisor and saw the hotel operations manager had responded to a few comments so I sent him a message asking him if he could secure us an upgrade our reservation to a high floor room facing times square with two double beds. He replied to me in less than a day asking for my confirmation number and then he got us squared away.

Well, not facing times square because they dont have double bed rooms on that side of the hotel but I did get the high floor and a room with a partial view. Not bad service. Ill let you know about the hotel after next week.

sagefemme52 likes this.
  12. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Double Tree Times Square has a great breakfast, for those with Gold/Diamond status breakfast is included for two adults, does anyone know if children are also included and if so, what the age cutoff is?

13. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    i don't know if they are explicitly included but my two kids ate for free. Since its a buffet, even if they didn't they could eat off of our plate. I never even got a second glance.

MyTravels likes this.