Which Southern city has the tastiest food?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by rwoman, Mar 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    USAToday/Southern Living: Which Southern city has the tastiest food?

And the winner is...Lafayette, LA...not sure the folks in Baltimore consider themselves SOUTHERN! :)

autolycus and sobore like this.
  2. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have definitely heard that Lafayette has the best cajun food outside of someone's grandma's house, and cajun is a particularly delicious style of cuisine. New Orleans has got to win overall though. The selection from fine dining all the way down to bar/grocery dives is impossible to beat anywhere in the world. Rival? yes? Beat? no. I'm biased though. I was born in the New Orleans area--although I don't actually remember living there because of how young I was when my family moved away. I do, however, remember lots of trips to NOLA as a kid, and do remember all the incredible restaurants I have had the pleasure of visiting, including Commander's, Galatoires, Emeril's and his NOLA, the now-gone Christians and La Louisiane, and the "new guy to the block" Jacque-Imo's, in addition to a number of groceries and smaller places.

rwoman likes this.