Which site(s) do you use to book airline tickets and hotel booking?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Satish Talim, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Which site(s) do you use to book airline tickets and hotel booking?

I am new to booking airline tickets and hotels online and found http://www.wego.com/ useful.

Which site(s) would you recommend and why?

bk3day likes this.
  2. Gnopps
    Original Member

Gnopps Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not to research but to book flights I often use Wideroe.no. All tickets are issued on their own WF-stock which makes schedule changes easy to handle - just write them an email how you would like to be rerouted and most of the time they accept.

Tor Viking likes this.
  3. Well it all depends which part of the world your traveling from, but an overall good site is www.flightnetwork.com This site is especially good for people traveling from the USA and Canada to anywhere else in the world.

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flights - ITA Software and Kayak to see what the prices are like for all/most airlines. I then go to the airline's website to reserve it unless it's more expensive than Kayak.

Hotels - Hotels.com to see the prices of hotels around that area. I also look at the IHG F&F website and post on the Fairmont F&F FB group.

5. Jeffie
    Original Member

Jeffie Silver Member

Status Points:
    The airline or hotel's site for booking. I may add a 'partnered' rent car, when necessary, from the airline site. Sometimes there are better deals on the rent cars from their own sites. So long as I get the right miles/points, I'll book a car where it's the least expensive.

6. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    AA.com. Word on the street is that, no matter how much I dig, I won't find their fares on Orbitz or Expedia.

7. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the airline has the same fare or it is slightly higher by a few dollars I will book with the airline, otherwise I book with a consolidator that works with our office. For hotels, I use booking.com for Europe and then compare their rate with the hotel website rate, agoda.com, asia travel or asia rooms for Asia and compare with the hotel website. For other destinations I check with Priceline and Hotwire along with the hotel website.

8. stimpy
    Original Member

stimpy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like ITA for researching flights, but note that they aren't really accurate for pricing IME. At least with Euro airlines I often find cheaper fares on the airlines website.

Also, Vayama seems to be good for certain multi-leg business class bookings.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I book nearly all my hotel stays these days through hotels.com thanks to their quite generous rebate and award programs.

For airlines I generally book direct with the carrier unless there is a pricing discrepancy - generally related to a mixed carrier itinerary - that I cannot get direct.

10. East_Yorker
    Original Member

East_Yorker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Generally through the airline and hotel websites, although will look around on expedia and travelocity to see what's available. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my reservations.

11. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually use kayak.com to see who's flying at what prices, and then I book directly with the carrier. I book hotels through hotels.com due to their award program.

12. ctporter
    Original Member

ctporter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I try to fly AS, I start there to figure out schedules and odds of upgrades. If I need to go where AS does not fly then I look at one of the sites such as Kayak or Orbitz etc to see who does fly and figure out how to work a partner flight to my jobs. Then I look at where I will be working vs the location of the airport on google and see what hotels are nearby each. Then I go to my company travel site and search for the flights based on times I want and hotels near either the airport or job site depending on which I think will work better for the return home flight. I may look at Trip Advisor reviews for remote places to see if I should avoid or stay at any particular hotel.