Which program do I credit?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by prncess674, Apr 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. I am only a CO Gold and usually credit my flights to CO. Most of my flights are on US regionals this year, so upgrades haven't been a priority. In a few weeks I have a UA metal flight where an upgrade may be possible as a PremEx. I had my CO status matched to UA. Do I use my UA number or my CO number?

I know that the programs will merge in 2012, but I am hopeful that my 2011 mileage will qual me for CO Plat and hopefully UA 1K. Will they combine the two throughout the year if I call in and say "hey guys, look at my combined flying."

2. sonoma

sonoma Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have registered to combine your UA and CO accounts, then your elite status miles or segments should count. Here's the link to the official site - https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/MP1101OP.jsp

Combine your elite activity to qualify for a higher elite status in both programs.
    We'll add the 2010 elite status miles or segments (EQM or EQS) you earned in Mileage Plus to the Elite Qualification Miles or Points (EQM or EQP) you earned in OnePass. For example, if you had 20,000 OnePass EQM and 5,000 Mileage Plus EQM in 2010, we'll upgrade you to 2011 OnePass Silver Elite and Mileage Plus Premier®. Plus, we'll do the same with your 2011 elite activity. If your combined activity in 2011 qualifies you for a higher elite status, we'll upgrade you automatically in both programs.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    So basically doesn't matter who you credit to, the miles can be combined now and will definitely be combined later ;)

4. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    The only game to be played is the lifetime miles counter. UA includes only actual UA travel, but I believe CO is not as strict and includes miles for any flight. Is that true? and if so ua flights should go to ua, and everything else should go to co.

greg99 likes this.
  5. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    But surely they will all be combined soon anyway, and we have no idea what the lifetime rules will be on the new UA.

6. yunicorner
    Original Member

yunicorner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Doesn't PremEx count higher on the upgrade list than CO Gold?

7. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, I believe you are correct.

8. greg99
    Original Member

greg99 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It appears that the converse is true, as well, if you're a UA 1P traveling on CO who has matched to CO Gold. Use your CO Gold for flights on CO metal.

Am I misinterpreting this? A friend asked me as the resident "expert" in our office, and while I was pretty sure...

Thanks,
    Greg

9. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are correct.

10. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    CO counts all EQM's, which also encompasses class of service bonus EQM's. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that UA only counts your base EQM's for flights on UA metal only. I don't think that class of service EQM's on UA metal count.

11. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Correct on the ua part

12. I have done the combining, but my question is do they continue to combine over this year? Let say I get to 72K in October with my CO flying and CO number, but I credit this 3,000 mile flight to my UA number. Do I need to call in October and have them recombine my points so that I will now have Platinum on CO?

13. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    The totals are combined ongoing throughout the year for EQM, so if you passed a tier by adding the two together, that would get reflected in the account you selected when you joined. You'll also earn whatever benefits are due you based on that total combined EQM

(with the caveat that the technology needs to actually operate fully as promised)