Which premium class should I fly??

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Theflyer, Nov 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Theflyer

Theflyer New Member

Status Points:
    Which one premium economy or business class is the better value for money. I do not mind spending it but not wasting it. premium economy sounds good on paper but is really spacious compared to economy or is that marketing or is business the way to go. Any airlines I should fly??

Mirror74 and marcwint55 like this.
  2. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Value is determined by where you are going, and from which place. LGA-BUF ? Or transcontinental JFK-LAX ? Once a week or less ? Short haul, paid J on a CRJ type aircraft does not have a good value ! :)

Mirror74 and marcwint55 like this.
  3. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    I only have experience with premium economy on Delta and some of their Sky Partners - as far as I am concerned premium economy doesn't provide noticable benefit within the US. The only transatlantic benefit is free alcohol and I don't drink...much...but when I do...wait that's a FT'ers mantra.
    The supposed 4" additional legroom feels like no benefit. I can't tell. Now if their seats were 4" wider that would be a vast improvement and NO I am not a POS,, I just like to sit with my legs curled up like I do on a sofa.

Mirror74 and anileze like this.
  4. adventuress

adventuress Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am over 65 and last summer traveled following a bad back injury. I definitely notice the difference even on short flights. But on transcontinental it is more noticeable. I will never fly regular economy again.

Mirror74, marcwint55 and anileze like this.
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint. Where are you flying from and where are you flying to? Premium economy in most airlines will be more spacious than economy and the value depends on how much you enjoy that.

Mirror74 and anileze like this.
  6. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Totally depand upon the destination... short haul is not worth either, mid and long haul might depend upon the carrier...

marcwint55 and anileze like this.
  7. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on your personal budget, the route you want to fly, what fares are available, what airlines have service, what you value personally, time of day of the flight, direction of flight, age, physical ailments if any, etc.

People might say for random example say Singapore business is great, but if you need to fly from e.g. the US to south america that doesn't really matter.

marcwint55 likes this.