Which PC property in Barcelona for a first timer, one night stay?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by TheBeerHunter, Jan 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    My husband and I are doing a quick trip to BCN later this month, with about 24 hours in town. Having never been before, we do want to do some sight-seeing.

Does anyone have any feedback on the three different Holiday Inn Express properties in BCN, and which is best suited for easy transport to/from the airport and the center? It looks like Barcelona City 22 might be the best option. Any suggestions?

2. Mark.Dragon
    Original Member

Mark.Dragon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have been there in October last year on a cheap 2-4-1 Rate!
    Hotel is ok but nothing "special" at all - some supermarket just 100 m away and also a subwaystation is very near...

For a good price i would take it again! ;)

Greetings Mark

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  3. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am going to be in Barcelona (again) this summer. None of the properties seems to be situated close enough to the interesting parts of town. Only City 22 is somewhat in the center, but even that is not close enough to the tourist parts of town. Last time I've stayed in an independent hotel smack in the middle of the tourist section. This time I've opted for the Hilton (currently close for renovation) that have great pre-paid rates for this summer.

4. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at a really cute, and inexpensive hotel right off Las Ramblas.

Its called Hotel Curious - Its a typical Euro hotel - small, but safe, clean, helpful staff, nice breakfast ...

http://www.hotelcurious.com/eng/

YULtide and TheBeerHunter like this.
  5. I really don't advise you this Barcelona City 22. When I went there in may 2011, there was a problem of hot water during the full morning: no apologize,no discount,nothing. Step away.

6. ben senise
    Original Member

ben senise Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just did a quick search and found one HI Express in barcelona and three in the surrounding areas. None of them are a good location for getting in from the airport.
    there are three ways to get into the center of town; taxi, aerobus, train. best to stay somewhere near plaza catalunya if you want to walk around and see things in one day.

7. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone for your feedback.

We arrive at BCN at 7A and depart the following morning at 10:30A. Would we be better off staying near the airport, then taking the train into town to wander around a bit, or would staying in town be feasible, given the relatively short commute time?