Which PC option in San Antonio

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by mrredskin, Mar 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will be in San Antonio for at least 3 nights in May for work (with gf in-tow) and would like some opinions on the best bet for PC hotels downtown near the Riverwalk. Best options seem to be Either of the Indigos, HI-Riverwalk, or CP-Riverwalk. Any upgrade success with Plat status? I don't want to venture out of this area because my conference is at the Hilton. The rooms there are too expensive and seem to be rather lackluster.

2. NewCokeandTaco
    Original Member

NewCokeandTaco Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based on some research I recently did, I personally would give the Indigo at the Alamo a try. The TA reports are solid and the rates are good. If you are close to the Alamo, you are close to much of what Downtown San Antonio has to offer.
    I grew up in San Antonio (lived there 20+ years), but have been away from Texas for over 6 years. So I have no current reports of the hotels. I will be visiting later this year and I plan on staying at the Indigo at the Alamo (as a loyal PC member).

mrredskin likes this.
  3. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was actually leaning that way, myself. I am new to plat status tho and I've heard that upgrades don't happen too often. Still, it's worth a shot for a hotel that seems like it would be pretty decent regardless

4. NewCokeandTaco
    Original Member

NewCokeandTaco Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you choose this hotel, my suggestion would be to book the King Bed Leisure (which is the cheapest room) and then send an email (or call) ahead of time and request an "Alamo view" if available. This "may" increase your chances of an upgrade as a PC Platinum.

If you ask for something....all they can say is "no"....if you don't ask????

mrredskin likes this.
  5. Indigo at the Alamo is a great hotel!

Received large room with Alamo view as a Platinum on a previous stay.

mrredskin likes this.
  6. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    yep, i'm accustomed to the "no" answer since i only have gold with SPG :)

I think I'll reserve the Indigo-Alamo today based on the input from you two. thanks!