Which MVC property in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by pilgrim37, Jul 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. pilgrim37

pilgrim37 Member

Status Points:
    I'm a new Marriott Vacation Club member -- which is your favorite MVC property in Hawaii? I'm in the process of booking. Thanks for any feedback you can give!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  3. pilgrim37

pilgrim37 Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz likes this.
  4. Andy
    Original Member

Andy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've only stayed at Ko'Olina, but I was very pleased. We stayed there last summer for a few days, and our tower had just been remodeled a week or 2 before. Also, they had a massive new pool which was pretty new (you can see it under construction on Google Maps, which my kids LOVED.

Kalboz and viguera like this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah the construction was completely finished by the time I went there in January. The big pool on the main side of the resort is huge and has some kind of water slide and everything.

Sucks that the Fia Fia show was cancelled when we were there because of the weather but that's also a nice thing about the property.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Andy
    Original Member

Andy Silver Member

Status Points:
    To briefly elaborate on this pool (there are 2 others, one for grown-ups and one that's mostly used as half sports court, half for little kids):

1. It indeed has a slide
    2. It's a good acre (probably more)
    3. It's multi-level - kids loved switching between the upper and lower pool
    4. There's a cave grotto with waterfalls

The pool is mostly 3 feet deep, but drops to 5 feet when it goes under some of the walkways/bridges. I have a great picture of my son (5 at the time) who is slightly sunburned, has red eyes, chewed up finger tips (from gripping the lava rock to negotiate those deeper parts of the pool), and the biggest smile on his face. I think they spent a solid 7 or 8 hours in the pool that day. If you have kids, you will in no way regret staying here.

pilgrim37, Kalboz and viguera like this.
  7. pilgrim37

pilgrim37 Member

Status Points:
    This is awesome -- I am so looking forward to it now!! Thanks you! :)