Which LH flug to take?

Discussion in 'Miles & More | Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian/Partners' started by HeathrowGuy, Sep 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bearing in mind I'm using a UA issued GPU to attempt to upgrade on day of departure, which flug would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe CLT-MUC will have the new C on the 333 so that will be flat bed. No idea on chances of clearing. I'd think clearing is more likely on the 388s but no real reason for that view other than that the C cabins on them are rather large.

HeathrowGuy likes this.
  3. HeathrowGuy
    Original Member

HeathrowGuy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've decided to run with MIA-FRA A388, since I can get to MIA in good time to be at the LH ticket counter right when it opens (which often seems to be a key factor in DoD upgrade success on Lufty). I'm also betting that MIA-FRA will be a tad less busy than IAH-FRA, which will likely be filled with European businesspeople heading back home (in C) since their US offices will shut down for Thanksgiving.

And if my bet is wrong, I get one of two consolation prizes -- a) the best Coach seat Lufthansa offers; or b) a bump and reroute via DUS.

4. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, ex FRA, I was able to use the SWU to confirm the upgrade (from Z to F) the day before the flight. So day of departure may mean T-24 hours. So if LH is staffed at your departure airport, and C is available, they may be able to confirm you at T-24.

It was rather nice to have it done the day before as we could then plan to experience the FCT

HeathrowGuy likes this.
  5. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would either go C from IAH or CLT - as mentioned before you have high likelyhood for a new A330 C cabin from CLT (or most gateways to MUC on A330)