Which is better; quiet in the front or privacy in the back on a Delta MD88?

Discussion in 'SeatExpert' started by @SeatExpert, Jan 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. @SeatExpert

@SeatExpert News Feed

Status Points:
    I personally would rather sit in a two-seat row farther back on the Delta MD88. I’ll explain my reasoning and you can decide whether you agree or disagree.
    The back is going to be noisier, and there will be more side-to-side motion towards the rear of the aircraft. And, if you venture too far back, you might find yourself within whiffing range of the lavatories. Those are the downsides. The upside though is that my flying partner and I can be absolutely sure we won’t have to share a row with another passenger. And, with load factors what they are, chances are if we opt for the three-seat row we will be sharing our row with someone.
    Personally, a bit more engine noise (and let’s face it, it isn’t like it’s going to be quiet no matter where you sit) and motion isn’t enough to convince me to move forward. Now, if my only choices are rows 37 or 38, I’d probably head to the row of three in the front, but barring that I’ll stick to the back of the plane thank you.
    Of course, you might see things differently.

Continue reading...

2. monitor
    Original Member

monitor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with this and if there are no exit rows available, we will sit behind them in 26-30 EF for the privacy and the chance of some extra legroom. On many of the 88s, those seats do have an extra inch or two but all bets will be off after the reconfigurations that are coming this year.

3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I sit on the two side as far forward as possible.while avoiding the bulkhead seats. I find it quieter and what with early boarding have no issues finding overhead space. Most importantly, it gets me off the plane quickest and with minimal hassle.