which hotel is your favorite?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Eva, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Eva
    Original Member

Eva Silver Member

Status Points:
    which hotel is your absolutly favorite one and why?

i really like the andaz west hollywood. because of the great view thru downtown LA and the fantastic breakfast!!

pretty cool was also the new hyatt at Düsseldorf. but i was only once there!

2. BondAir007
    Original Member

BondAir007 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very tough question to answer. It depends on a lot things. Location, the views, price, features, service, staff, and the little details that each place has to offer. There are even hotels, I enjoy are not even part of a Hotel reward program.

Super 8 brand is very cool. The great views of the dumpster outside. Wonderful breakfast either by the vending machine out in the hallway or McD's across the street and small soap bar in the bathroom. :p j/k

Claridges in London is one I enjoy.

2soonold likes this.
  3. kraven
    Original Member

kraven Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of my favourites is the Westin in Cape Town. A very good breakfast and the views from the swimming pool on the top floor are priceless, especially at night.

intueri, Tiki and Pegasus like this.
  4. Pegasus
    Original Member

Pegasus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just stayed here recently, lovely hotel. My other favorite is the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires. Great location and awesome cook-to-order breakfast.

KIXman and Fiji like this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'll think I'm nuts, but any hotel where I do not have to look at that tiny coffee maker with the crappy tea, coffee and stained pot.

6. Eva
    Original Member

Eva Silver Member

Status Points:
    you r making something wrong - just travel in style [​IMG]

7. Rambuster
    Original Member

Rambuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sheraton Hua Hin, Ocean Suite.

8. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Probably a Signature Suite at the Fairmont Pacific Rim in Vancouver.

Fantastic, recently opened hotel, great service and very nice views of the harbour/mountains from the private balcony on the 20th floor. [​IMG]

And I really like Vancouver...

9. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too many good ones out there, but one deserves a mention here:

The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (SGS) for its Grande Suite XX02 upgrades and the platinum treatment: 24/7 butler service, full buffet breakfast at the Orchid Cafe 7 days a week, and happy hour cocktails and food at any outlet (BarSu, Sala, the Living Room, or the Library) including pre-dinner drink at their Italian or Thai Restaurants.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/sets/72157625553717660/

10. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hotel Cipriani Venice.

I received one night accomodation as a thank you for helping out a friend in Mestre.

The wow factor as this boutique hotel is beyond belief.

11. eightblack
    Original Member

eightblack Silver Member

Status Points:
    The W in Hong Kong would have to be a favourite. The Savoy in London. And I know this might sound weird, but the Sebel in Manly in Sydney. The location is amazing, you can run on the beach in the mornings, the atmosphere is just great and the Manly Wine, the restaurant adjacent to the hotel is probably the coolest place in Manly (at least for a middle aged fool like me...)

12. The Missy
    Original Member

The Missy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Even though its really close to home, I really like the Grand Hyatt in Seattle. A corner suite facing the water is a beautiful place to wake up in the morning. And its just a short walk to lots of my favorite places. Pike Place Market, Starbucks, Tiffany [​IMG], and lots of great restaurants

13. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps the best I've stayed at was Cavalieri where I got a fabulous suite on a free night stay from stay 3/5/7 promo a few years ago.

14. Eva
    Original Member

Eva Silver Member

Status Points:
    i think it depends on the personel mood, everybody has at the moment he is in the hotel.
    some good hotels, which are not excellent i remember as a very heart-warming and nice place, because i have great memories there.....
    its very subjectiv!
    but anyway, its very interesting which hotel other users like most *thumpsup*

2soonold likes this.
  15. giggs
    Original Member

giggs Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Nines hotel in Portland, I would recommend it for anyone visiting PDX. Great lounge for those with status, fantastic restaurant in the lobby, and a great nightclub/restaurant on the roof.

It's in the Macy's building and takes up the top floors above the existing Macy's department store.

16. Eva
    Original Member

Eva Silver Member

Status Points:
    thats a really nice feature! do you have photos, which you are able to post?

17. jpdx

jpdx Active Member

Status Points:
    For me, it's the IC Hong Kong. There are better hotels, but I love the view.

Bonnie likes this.
  18. Eva
    Original Member

Eva Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes, the view is also the deciding feature, why the andaz west hollywood is my favourite hotel!

19. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love the Hyatt Regency Waikiki! Amazing staff at the FD & Regency Club, very nice rooms, good treatment of Diamond's, and great views.

[​IMG]

Tiki likes this.
  20. techgirl
    Original Member

techgirl Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Personal favorites... Park Hyatt Washington DC, St Regis Singapore, W Court/W Tuscany NYC, Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, Grand Hyatt Bali. All for different reasons, some slightly sentimental, some because of a specific room or an overall experience. All I've stayed at multiple times for them to become favorites....

21. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Le Meridien Chiang Rai
    Interconitnental Bali
    Bora Bora Nui
    W Hong Kong

The properties I've stayed in most often over time are the Westin Diplomat and the Renaissance Boca Raton, the former has the best Starwood platinum treatment of any property anywhere and the latter is two blocked or so from my family.

Bonnie and Fiji like this.
  22. TrueBlueFlyer
    Original Member

TrueBlueFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    technically not a "hotel" per se, and not in any really exotic destination... but the Jumbo Stay Hostel was my favorite experience yet! Its a Boeing 747 in Stockholm, Sweden parked outside of the Arlanda Airport... as far as I'm concerned the symbol of that place! What a cool and neat place to stay.

23. giggs
    Original Member

giggs Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will get some photos next time I am there.

Eva likes this.
  24. Eva
    Original Member

Eva Silver Member

Status Points:
    thank you in advance

25. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    One of my favorites too I've never been treated as well as I have been treated there, their garden dining is just awesome! Another favorite would have to be the Roosevelt in Hollywood.