Which Hotel In London?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Pizzaman, Jan 21, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    I have a friend trying to pick a hotel in London for an upcoming stay. He asked my opinion but I have no direct experience with any of the 3 properties he's interested in. He'll be traveling with his wife and 2 school-aged kids prior to a Disney cruise, staying in London for 3 days. The hotels he's trying to pick from:

Le Meridien Picadilly
    Park Lane
    Park Tower Knightsbridge

Any thoughts from folks with experience at any of these properties?

uggboy likes this.
  2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've only stayed at LM Piccadilly. The property is a bit old and stingy with the upgrades. Amazing location transport-wise to Heathrow (the hotel is next to the tube station). Lounge is okay. Bang in the middle of tourist London. I'd stay there again :)

uggboy and Pizzaman like this.
  3. brodyf

brodyf Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at the Park Lane multiple times. It used to be my go to hotel when I traveled to London every month for a couple of years. It's a decent hotel. I understand it was recently undergoing a needed renovation. I'd tell him to call and see if the construction is over or not to help decide. I have also stayed at the Park Tower which is maybe slightly nicer depending on the room. Neither would be a place I would call particularly kid friendly though. If he is SPG PLT he can probably score an upgrade at the Park Lane and get a suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uggboy and Pizzaman like this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    LM Piccadilly was my recommendation amongst the three. :)

uggboy likes this.
  5. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    Pretty sure it's still under renovation when he arrives.

uggboy likes this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    When staying with SPG in London we too would recommend the Le Meridien Piccadilly.

Your friend might wants to look beyond SPG, London offers lots of gems, but they can be very expensive. The InterContinental Park Lane especially on points represents superb value, superb location and we've stayed there so far three times, this one comes highly recommended when staying with IHG in London.

Cheers & Safe Travels. :)

7. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    agree about IC Park Lane :eek:

uggboy likes this.
  8. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I've stayed at all of them, my favorite is by far the Park Towers. Always get good upgrades, great views.

The Le Meridien is old and dark, location is the only thing it has going for it. No upgrade.

brodyf and Pizzaman like this.
  9. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Late to the post but I stayed in a renovated king room at the park lane in November and it was a massive change from the old rooms. It's still under renovation in common areas and I think most (not all) rooms are done now so depending on when your friend is going. I have a review with photos of hotel on my philatravelgirl blog

uggboy likes this.