Which hotel for Platinum in San Francisco?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Chriscross, May 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Chriscross
    Original Member

Chriscross Silver Member

Status Points:
    I try to decide on which property to choose in San Fransisco. St Regis is out of my budget so that is easy. I am not interested in staying at Fishermans Warf. As far as I understand I can use the gym at all properties in the city center free of charge. Does all the properties have 24 h access to their gyms?

Regarding Platinum breakfast at the different properties is this true:
    At The Palace I will get full breakfast?
    At Westin in Market Street I will get continental and can pay 7 dollars to get the full breakfast?
    At Le Meridien I will get a glass of juice and a bagel?
    W will give me 15 dollars to order from the menu. (Guess no Ws in the US have a buffe)?
    Westin St. Francis offers?

Regarding nice upgrade; I guess Le Meridien most likely will give the best upgrade?

2. eurobear

eurobear Active Member

Status Points:
    Don't recall about food, but in re: upgrades, besides the St Regis, the W gave me a crazy nice plat suite...

LM was kinda bland, just a big room
    Palace would be my 2nd choice behind W
    and either of the 2 Westins would be my third choice

but you should really consider the SR if nice upgrades are what you're after cuz they do a great job there albeit for a Benjamin or two extra 0_o

3. gwuinsf

gwuinsf Active Member

Status Points:
    Is upgrade your only criteria? Are you coming for business of pleasure?

Le Meridien is in the Financial District so it's a little off the beaten path if you're coming for touristy stuff. The other ones you mentioned are a little more conveniently located.

The Westin St. Francis is an old hotel. There's an old side and a newer side. The old side is very quaint but the rooms are very small. I've never stayed on the newer side. But in terms of location it's right across the street from Union Square and all the shopping.

I live in SF by the way.

4. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last weekend the Palace offered continental breakfast in the Crown Room, upgrade to full buffet $7.
    Upgraded to a Jr. Suite. Very nice room. Four pm check out.

Returning this weekend for a special occasion, asked about possibility of a suite and they "locked it in." Hope so.

It's a Starpick these two weekends :)

5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I cant stand the decor the Palace ... =/ I loved the Westin Mrkt Street even before it was a Westin.