Which hotel chain?

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by PointyWings, Dec 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. PointyWings

PointyWings Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if this is not the right thread, but I could not find anywhere else to post this...

My hotel program of choice has been Priority Club for a number of years; mainly due to its rewards program, wide spread of hotels all over the world and value for money rates. With changes to PC coming in 2013, I have been thinking whether it is now time to switch loyalty to a different chain.

Can someone perhaps point me to an Internet resource where the different hotel reward programs are compared? While IHG still seems to have the best value for money properties, an exceptional rewards program with real elite benefits (as opposed to PC's lame benefits), may just persuade me to spend a little more for my hotel stays!

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    This board & TOBB have many threads that compare programs.
    I've always thought that the quality of IHG properties has been very weak, and have never thought highly of IC brand. That said, I usually keep at least 100k or so of PC points around as they do come in handy for last minute award stays.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/ has extensive info on all hotel programs.
    http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyaltytraveler/loyalty-traveler-deember-2012-guide/ is an article comparing current promotions

flyingdawg, autolycus and Kalboz like this.
  5. lcpteck

lcpteck Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've read Kimpton is nice, though they only have properties in US.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    More importantly, they only have a few properties, in a limited number of places in the USA.

7. LuizzeOliveira

LuizzeOliveira Silver Member

Status Points:
    China has so many best and luxury hotels which provides so many modern amenities and services to their guest including large room with high class facilities, restaurant, travel on desk, business services, bar or pub and so many other. It's Shangri-La Hotel in Beijing, China World Summit Wing and The Peninsula in Shanghai are best hotels in China.

8. AUSsie

AUSsie Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tend not to focus exclusively on a single hotel chain. I instead snag mid-tier elite status (Gold w/ Hilton, Platinum w/ Hyatt, etc) via low or no effort means (like the free status offer Accor is running, Hyatt credit card, etc). Then, when I do need to travel, I just choose the property that has the best combination of price, amenities, and location from amongst the big chains wherever I happen to be going.

Works pretty well for me, but my work travel pattern is usually to travel for a week at a time outside major cities, about eight times a year.

flyingdawg likes this.
  9. jasonmorris

jasonmorris Member

Status Points:
    Chase for hotel programs ends with all due respect to our trip planner guide that helps find the best price and total expenses on such stuff. we can find such places where hospitality is superior and price offered are lowest in comparison to all other hotels.

flyingdawg likes this.