Which Chase Cards to apply for? Hyatt, PC 80K, Continental 50K or ?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by chemist562, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    Yesterday, I had a very old degrog (>10yrs old) removed from my report. My FICO's went up. I became qualified to apply (and likely get approved) for Chase cards. My FICO's are approx the following: Transunion 756, Experian 790-800 (990 Vantage--I'm not why that is high?), Equifax 799. Perfect pay history, moderate to thick credit file.

The cards I am thinking of applying are the following: Hyatt (2 free nights, PLAT status), Priority Club 80K (I was targeted), and CO 50K. I do have 2 old Chase cards from 2006 (WAMU days) that I don't use much. I can reduced my CL's if necessary--I prefer not to close those cards due to history.

I hear that Chase don't like people applying for too many cards at once. I think that 2 may be OK but I don't know.

Let me know what you think of my cards. Of course, if there are better Chase cards (w/fat signup bonuses [​IMG]), let me know.

Thank you for your help. [​IMG]

SuperKirby likes this.
  2. Westsox
    Original Member

Westsox Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would go with both PC & CO. The 80k PC is the highest I have seen in some time and is targeted. Last chance to get CO before they disappear forever.

SuperKirby and chemist562 like this.
  3. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depending what you plan to use em for.
    I'm very happy with my PC card. I also got the 80K offer. The no foreign transactions is excellent and the low annual fee is nice, in addition to the free night and other benefits.
    I have the UA card (and grandfathered for fee waiver) Its fine, good amount of mile usage, EQM earning. If you fly on CO (or UA) you may want to also apply for the CO chase card.

4. chemist562
    Original Member

chemist562 In Memorian

Status Points:
    I ended up applying for both the 80K PC & the 50K CO cards. I got the 30 day messages on both. Wish me luck. [​IMG]
    Will wait on the Hyatt.

Thank you for your help!

SuperKirby likes this.
  5. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:

Good luck!
    My credit score is a bit lower than yours and I got approved for the PC card

SuperKirby and Skyvillager like this.
  6. vitousa
    Original Member

vitousa Active Member

Status Points:
    Good luck chemist. It's great to get your credit back to apply for some good promotions. I was in your shoes a year ago. I was able to get the aa and continental deal. Still waiting for a good PC offer.

SuperKirby likes this.
  7. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Zombie revival here, but I like to hear what people do years after they apply for cards. What Chase cards are you currently holding now?

8. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    There's a general thread on "which card do you use":
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/what-is-your-primary-credit-card.27801

Chase cards I've closed over time: BA (got the 100k signup bonus), UA Explorer, and CO OnePass Plus.

Chase cards I've kept/gotten: UA Select (3x on UA tickets, 5k EQM/year), Hyatt, CSP, and Freedom. That's three annual-fee cards, but I'm strongly tempted to keep all of them.

SuperKirby likes this.