Which CC do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by IberianNomad, Jan 17, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. IberianNomad

IberianNomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

First I'd like to apoligize because I'm sure this question has been asked previously but I've been researching this for quite some time and I have no clue as to what card I should settle on.

I have no true "loyalty" to any airline or hotel, it ultimatrely depends on price. I am Platinum Elite through Marriott but would rather get a CC that mainly benefits me with Airlines in general.

With that being said, what CC will give me the most bang for my purchases and the ability to book flights with ANY airline and save me some money. Any advice from the pros will be much appreciated. I have excellent credit if that makes any difference!

Thank you in advance!

Marcos

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps a card like the Sapphire Preferred or some Amex MR card that gives you the ability to earn miles in a program-independent account and then transfer as needed?

FlyingFree likes this.
  3. IberianNomad

Status Points:
    That's what I'm leaning towards but want to make sure the "Pros" concur before requesting!

4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    If versatility to book any airline anytime ... wouldn't capital one venture be the best? 2cent per $ and you use it like cash.

arkleseizure likes this.
  5. murakami

murakami Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would also give the Citi paring of ThankYou Premier and Forward some consideration.

edekba likes this.
  6. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have A LOT of credit cards, but if I could only have one, I'd probably choose the Chase Sapphire Preferred. As has been pointed out, you can easily transfer UR points to several major airlines and hotel chains. Plus, you can generate additional points by shopping online at the UR mall, and there is an annual 7% bonus on all miles accrued over the previous year.

Plus, although it is not generally the best use of the points, you can use the Ultimate Reward 'Pay With Points' option should you so choose.

Good luck with your choice!

Quasiconvexity likes this.
  7. IberianNomad

Status Points:
    Thank you FlyingFree!

8. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Coming with zero knowledge, I think most blogs will give you the same response as above (whether or not they get paid for :)) So read up a few of them, I believe most covered this topic in depth, some with a ridiculous amount of detail.