Which cash equivalent travel rewards are prospective vs. retrospective

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by curtis1120, Apr 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. curtis1120

curtis1120 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to stay at a botique hotel and was planning to use my UR points at 1.2 cents per point. (Please don't remind me how I could redeem for 10cents per point on international first class etc.) The hotel couldn't be booked online and when I called Chase they said that it wasn't available through them. There was plenty of availability on the hotel's website. The representative said my only option to use ponts was to request a statement credit after the fact, but then it would only be 1 cent per point. So here is my question which cards allow you to retrospectively go back and give yourself the statement credit vs. having to book through them in order to get the advertized multiple.

Chase Ultimate Rewards - prospective
    Barclacy's world arrial?
    Capital one venture card?
    Others?

Hope this is clear.. Thanks in advance.

2. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Venture does and Amex Blue Sky does, but I'm not sure about the others.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Barclay's card does as well. You assign the points to the charge after it posts.

4. anooshaka

anooshaka New Member

Status Points:
    There was another visa checkout promo from another card company I can't remember lately as well. I just signed up using a different email, etc. since it's only valid for first time users.

5. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    You may withdraw UR points at the 1 cent/pt rate anytime. There is NO travel requirement at that rate.