Which Cancun hotel?

Discussion in 'Central/South America' started by Garp74, Feb 19, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have a conference in May at Paradisus Cancun. The reviews that seem genuine indicate the property isn't aging well, so I would prefer to stay elsewhere. I'm bringing Mrs. Garp, too, so there's that. I'm normally a Hyatt guy but looking at the Hyatt Regency, it looks quite spartan and cold compared to the other choices. I was thinking of the Ritz.

Any recommendations based on first-hand experience, please?

satman40 and uggboy like this.
  2. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bump. Anyone? :)

uggboy likes this.
  3. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm normally a Hyatt guy too. The Hyatt Regency Cancun left me with a bad feel as I and several other have had difficulty with security deposits.

We recently stayed with our adult children at the new Hyatt Zilara all inclusive. It was very nice, but not what I expected from Hyatt standards. I didn't feel it was worth 25K GP points per night. It is a nice place, but I don't think I would return. I'm not an all inclusive type. The all inclusive was for the kids sake. (Translate free alcohol)

satman40, uggboy and Garp74 like this.
  4. FetePerfection
    Original Member

FetePerfection Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you are looking for luxury I would recommend Le Blanc Spa Resort rated the #1 luxury resort in Cancun.

5. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you are selecting a property based on beach activity, then the North side of Zona Hoteles are preferable to the South side of the hotel zone. Hyatts, Marriotts et. all have their properties there. Hyatt has one property in the corner of 7 shaped hotel zone , and Intercontinental has a property on the North zone.

6. loungebuddy

loungebuddy Active Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at the Westin Cancun Resort & Spa and really enjoyed the property. Was upgraded to a one-bedroom suite only as an SPG Gold too... The pools were fantastic!

eponymous_coward and satman40 like this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We stayed at the WESTIN also, good location, upgraded, shopping center out the front door.