Which are the better Country Inn and Suites - North America

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by katstarr, Mar 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Last year, I was given a voucher for a free night at a Country Inn and Suites (not sure if it was limited to the US or anywhere in North America). Are there any Country Inn and Suites that are really nice?

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did a mattress run to the one near IAD. It was very nice for a mid-level hotel. The breakfast was very basic hotel breakfast. The one I stay at in Murfreesboro, TN was okay. It was a little older but sufficient for one night on the road.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. DealsRock

DealsRock Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the same situation. My review of the properties yielded this list as being personal best values to consider:
    - Queens, NY ... 38k
    - Cape Canaveral ... 38k
    - Destin, FL ... 38k
    - Virgina Beach Oceanfront ... 44k
    - San Diego North ... 38k
    - Brockton, MA ... 38k
    - Ottawa ... 44k

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll second this. :)

flyingdawg likes this.
  5. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you looked at the one in Savannah at the historic district? It was listed in the Club Carlson look book a few months back.

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. HighPlainsDrifter

HighPlainsDrifter Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Country Inn in the New Orleans French Quarter has some local character (i.e. doesn't look like a typical standalone Country Inn off the Interstate) and usually goes for over $200 a night. I haven't been inspired too much by the brand but am trying to keep an open mind because the loyalty program is so generous. (The surprise with Club Carlson so far has been with some of the Park Inns and Park Plazas which sometimes have nice bright suites for under $100).

flyingdawg likes this.
  7. Globalflyer
    Original Member

Globalflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed at the one in Naperville a few times and really liked it. Good breakfast. Great location. Excellent staff.

Not a good place to use your certificate since it's available for less than $ 100/night but figured it was worth a mention!

flyingdawg likes this.