Which airline provides free and tasty snack

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Aditya Vyas, Aug 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Aditya Vyas Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today traveling on Alaska airline from sjc to
    Pdx and back to sjc paid attention to free snacks they give out and its pretty good not just peanuts like southwest. It small gesture which us mainline airlines have stopped. Why not continue this?
    What has been others experience on this?

Attached Files:

iolaire, Flyer1976 and Newscience like this.
  2. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    TP offers what I consider good food and wines of quality...roast Portuguese dinosaur, according to Shark Jr, from NCE to LIS, and then four course choice from LIS to MIA. A shame about the non-AVOD system of their 1999-model 332, but otherwise, a good experience.

Newscience likes this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Porter offers a decent snack outside meal times, and a sandwich at meal times, plus a glass of wine or a beer. They're based at YTZ.

Best short-haul domestic service I've experienced recently was IST-ADB on TK. Full hot meal (with menu card offering a couple of choices) over lunch hour on a one-hour flight. Nice sandwich on the return flight outside meal time.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They rotate their snack mixes there's three different kinds that I've seen on AS so far...

• Honey Mustard Pretzels
    • Crunchy Snack Mix
    • Fiesta Snack Mix

Sammich likes this.
  5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Southwest offers 100 calorie snack bags on longer segments. That can be in addition to the nuts that are on shorter segments. AirTran has biscotti (two pieces) on morning flights and plain pretzels on other flights.

6. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes you are right. All of them are yummy

7. Aditya Vyas
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Longest i have been in 1.5 hrs so always get peanuts.

Btw forgot to add JetBlue also provides good snacks

8. Travel Warrior

Travel Warrior Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's been over a year but I don't think they've changed things. The last time I was on Alaska, and in coach, not only did they offer much better snacks, but they also offered a hot meal for something like $7. On my outbound trip I had lasagna and on my return trip I had a hamburger. Was it the best meal I've ever had? No, but since I was in all-day meetings with no time to eat at the end of the day, it was a godsend.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  9. MKShipton

MKShipton Active Member

Status Points:
    Best free snacks... Jet Blue by far! The Chocolate Chip cookies are delicious.

10. howtofreetravel

howtofreetravel Active Member

Status Points:
    Air berlin gives free chocolates on each segment ( And it's really tasty )

11. Camino Cielo

Camino Cielo Silver Member

Status Points:
    JetBlue in domestic US and near-regional, hands down. Unlimited snacks and soft drinks. This, the free 36-channel entertainment including live TV, and the seats (cushion, leather, legroom) comprise the best coach product in the sky over the US. And the flight attendants want you to fly with them. When all the FF programs have been gutted - e.g., turned into rebates like JetBlue's - and I've used up my FF miles, JetBlue will be my airline of choice ... What was the question again? :D

[I have no connection with them, and am a UA 2MM.]

12. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    AS hands down for domestic...even their $7 meal wasn't bad (depending on what they were offering)

Had a gravy mashed potato grilled chicken with some veggies during my flight from EWR to SEA and I must say it was well worth the $7.

For international routes, CX. I was in Y and still got a full meal on a one hour flight from TPE to HKG.

Newscience likes this.