Which Airline Do You Think Has The Best Customer Service?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by gregm, Nov 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

?

Which Airline Do You Think Has The Best Customer Service?

Poll closed Nov 16, 2013.
  1. Delta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. American

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. United

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. US Airways

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Southwest

60.0%
  6. JetBlue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. AirTran

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Frontier

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Virgin America

20.0%
  10. Alaska

20.0%
  1. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    Come on MPers. Cast your vote!

Newscience likes this.
  2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Best" is highly relative in this context. I get great customer support from UA, but that is likely because I am one their top elites with access to a dedicated phone line. In addition, I seldom need to call other airlines' CS since the overwhelming majority of my lights are with UA, making it tough to be an objective judge.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess that depends upon:

- how the term "customer service" is defined - is it the entire "airline experience", or just how/if you get served drinks on the plane and a decent seat?
    - what class of airline service is included in this question? Solely coach class service? Also business and first class? Honestly, business/first class customer service is usually pretty decent in most all the airlines.

As far as the "airline experience" is concerned, IMHV, for domestic travel, SWA wins hands-down. You can cancel/change a reservation at the last minute. There's no service charge or loss of money for doing this - other than perhaps having to buy a more expensive ticket - and therefore no incentive to be a no-show (as described by Milepointers flying the "Big" airlines). Travelling on SWA is not perfect, but it's the least painful way to "fly the bus", especially if you're paying for your own airline seats.