Where to stay in Dubai

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by TravelKane, Nov 29, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TravelKane

TravelKane Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm heading to Dubai for a few days.
    What area is best to stay? Mostly looking for good restaurants near by and least concern is shopping.
    What hotels? I'm with; IHG & HH.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  2. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dubai really does not have a true center :eek:

it is a long road from Sharjah to Jebel Ali that connects each end of the city, locations are either on the sea side of the road or the desert side, it is not overly wide

basically your two options are Downtown or the Marina, no reason to concern yourself with other areas

IMO the Downtown is more classy but the Marina has more happening, both have many dining options

I am unexcited about the IHG offerings in Dubai, (the IC is too far out near the airport, the CP on Sheik Zayed Rd is passable) and I simply do not know HH all that well to comment

Laptop Nomad and TravelKane like this.
  3. TravelKane

TravelKane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Great info. Thank You.
    I am in agreement with you overall that IHG is usually not that exciting, for me it is usually the cheaper route + easier to obtain points.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  4. TravelKane

TravelKane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is HI - Downtown Dubai & HI - Embassy District in what you consider the Marina area?

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  5. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    no, far from it

stay at above hotels if you enjoy the company of many Indian + Pakistani men with your restaurant meals :eek:

for starters bring up Google Maps or similar, the true Downtown is the area adjacent to the Burj Khalifa and the Marina area is just south of The Palm

the only IHG properties I would consider (other than IC) for more than one night is Crowne Plaza Dubai or HI Express Safa Park

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  6. TravelKane

TravelKane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahh, OK, Got it.
    I think I have the picture now.
    Looks like you may have saved me - thank you so much!

7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would highly recommend the Hilton Jumeirah Beach. If you are an elite member, they will treat you excellent and the location is quite nice. Lots of nice restaurants close by. Getting anywhere in Dubai by taxi costs almost nothing.

TravelKane likes this.
  8. TravelKane

TravelKane Silver Member

Status Points:
    Awesome - Thank You

marcwint55 likes this.
  9. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll second Hilton Jumeriah Beach. Excellent hotel and lounge. Good location.

marcwint55 likes this.
  10. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always stay at the IC Festival city. Nice cigar lounge as well as great places to eat all around.

jonspencer likes this.
  11. Kasano

Kasano Member

Status Points:
    Jumeirah Beach Dubai
    Wollongong Beach
    Jebel Ali beach

12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We would recommend the Towers Rotana on Sheikh Zayed Road, ideal for a short or longer stay, especially a Club Room with Club Lounge access, incl. breakfast, fast and reliable WIFI, complimentary transfers to/from airport in a BMW 3 series, free snacks, refreshments, all-day, good afternoon selection in lounge, canape/drinks selection during happy hour in the early evening. Upscale bathroom amenities, high floors. This hotel is also located around 100 meters from the Metro and a few restaurants/shops. A good 4 star plus hotel IMHO. Cheers.

Also of note, while we consider this hotel good value, especially for a very short stay or longer stay, like us we stayed there 10 nights in 2012, it's important to note that overnight rates are on the up since our stay, we've noticed this lately looking up this property.

Here's our review on MP:

https://milepoint.com/forums/threads/the-towers-rotana-hotel-dubai-uae-review-photos.47778/

13. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I go I stay at Inter Continental Festival city. Near the airport and next to a mall with some good restaurants nearby and in the mall.

uggboy likes this.
  14. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As for as I know there aren't any Hilton nor IHG options on the Palm Jumeirah. Cheers.

15. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we would also recommend the IC Residence Suites Festival City, they've a regular complimentary shuttle between the IC and the IC Residence Suites.
    We stayed for a night in Sep. 2014 at the IC Residence Suites FC in a one bedroom studio and yes, we enjoyed our stay there. :)

Here's our review we wrote and published on MP:
    https://milepoint.com/forums/thread...festival-city-dubai-uae-review-photos.100830/

Here's our review from the Mezza Luna Restaurant at the IC Residence Suites Festival City, we'd dinner and breakfast there:
    https://milepoint.com/forums/thread...festival-city-dubai-uae-review-photos.100906/

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  16. Michaelwill

Michaelwill New Member

Status Points:
    You need to Google for best travel comparison websites to choose good and affordable tour packages.

thetravelogy.com

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  17. jgg630

jgg630 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hilton Jumeriah Beach is really nice. Good location.

Laptop Nomad and uggboy like this.
  18. justing

justing Active Member

Status Points:
    Anybody have any experiences at the Hyatt Dubai Creek Heights? Or the Grand Hyatt Dubai? Heading to Dubai and strongly considering either one.

Laptop Nomad likes this.
  19. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like the Dubai Creek property more than the Grand Hyatt :eek:

however I really do not care for that area of Dubai for either Hyatt, Downtown or Marina area is far more interesting and easy to access :cool:

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Laptop Nomad and uggboy like this.