Where to sit two parents and two kids, both in or near the terrible twos, on the two-class...

Discussion in 'SeatExpert' started by @SeatExpert, Feb 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. @SeatExpert

@SeatExpert News Feed

Status Points:
    This is an answer that requires a qualifier.
    If you think your children will play nicely together during the flight, we would recommend any of the four abreast middle rows on the Brussels Airlines A330-300, with the exception of rows 15 and 32.
    With the four seats, your entire family can sit together and a sort of play area can even be constructed in the middle. Rows 15 and 32 are to be avoided because the armrests are not moveable, thereby restricting your ability to push them up and create a more open family space.
    If you don’t think your children will play nicely together, then we might suggest splitting up the family unit and selecting two pairs of seats amongst 42HK and 44HK. This would allow you and your husband to each take one child, while still keeping in relatively close proximity to one another. Ideally, you would want to get two adjoining rows so as to minimize disruption to the row in between.
    And there you have two options to mull over.

Continue reading...

2. mechteach
    Original Member

mechteach Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, I would modify this just a bit. Rather than the dominant question being the congeniality of the children to each other, the parents should consider what their desired outcome is for the flight. If they want their kids to sleep, then taking the two separate rows is the best decision. If they want their kids to stay awake, they should take the four abreast. Even if the kids do not play nicely together, the parents can sit child-adult-child-adult. This would let the adults switch off, at least a small amount, on the child care duties.

Jamie likes this.
  3. Original Member
    Original Member

Original Member Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the other hand, I frequently fly with my twins and will sit in the "B" seat and have one in the "A" seat and the other in the "C" seat (3/3 seating) and we'll give one parent the "D" seat and they are off for the flight. My kids will sleep when they are tired and with a parent between them they don't fight at all.