Where to Post: Mulitple Forum Posts?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Robin, Mar 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just posted a thread(s) regarding BMI and Star Alliance Silver status. I wasn't sure where it should go so I posted it in more than one forum. Ideally it should go in the BMI forum but since it also benefits Star Alliance members I posted it in that forum as well. Plus, since I rarely go to the Star Alliance forum I also posted it in the mile General Discussion forum so more people could take advantage of the offer.

What would have been the best way to handle this? I don't want to add unnecessary posts, but still want the offer available to as many folks as possible.

Gargoyle and ACMM like this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    My personal opinion is for the time being it is best to get the information out there, so I think what you did is fine. Possibly something that could be considered (and I did not check the posts so do not know) is post all the details in one location, then simply a link to the other forums/posts? You can get the post number and link by hovering over the original post number (on the right side of the screen to the left of the Reply button), and then right-click, copy link. Then paste it into the other posts... Just a passing suggestion of course. :)

Bottom line?... thanks for posting and sharing!

Robin likes this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I second the motion. As this new platform matures, I'm thinking there will be a new way to link/embed posts in other posts, or make a post appear in two threads at once.

Robin and ACMM like this.
  4. Robin
    Original Member

Robin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good idea to use the link function.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes and no. As the details develop and the conversation matures it is way easier to have all the information in one place than to have to track down three different threads to edit a detail that may have been ambiguous or confusing in the initial post. I love the idea of sharing information as broadly as possible but managing it becomes unwieldy very quickly.

Mackieman likes this.